India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Digital Television Russia, described as Russia’s leading pay-TV provider. Prasar Bharati controls Doordarshan, India’s public service broadcaster as well as All India Radio. The strategic alliance between the two organisations will focus on boosting TV quality in production, marketing and distribution of content. The pair has also agreed to exchange programming.
Digital Television Russia is the commercial arm of RTR, Russia’s largest media company with 12 channels on air.
The MoU was signed by Jawhar Sircar, CEO, Prasar Bharati, and Dmitry Mednikov and Ayuna Badmaeva, representatives of Digital Television Russia, in Delhi.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020