Singapore – HBO has renewed the series Ballers for a second season, it was recently announced by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Currently airing on HBO same time as the U.S. – Mondays at 10am (9am Thai.Jkt) with a same day primetime encore at 10pm (9pm Thai.Jkt), Ballers is also on HBO GO and HBO On Demand in selected territories.
“The charismatic and hugely talented Dwayne Johnson, along with the rest of the Ballers cast, has truly struck a chord with the HBO audience,” said Lombardo. “We are thrilled with the overwhelming response the series has received and look forward to another exciting season.”
From creator Stephen Levinson (HBO’s Entourage and Boardwalk Empire), Ballers looks at the lives of former and current football players, following former superstar Spencer Strasmore (Dwayne Johnson), who is trying to reinvent himself as a financial manager for current players in sun soaked Miami.
Among the early critical raves, Entertainment Weekly described it as “funny” and “fast-moving,” giving the series an A-, while the Hollywood Reporter called Dwayne Johnson “magnetic,” hailing his “star performance.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020