Hong Kong − YO-KAI WATCH will makes its debut across South and Southeast Asia on Toonami later this month. The kids’ network has snapped up 65 half-hour episodes and will be available on an exclusive basis in almost all countries around the region.
YO-KAI WATCH follows the adventures of Keita, a boy who unearths a magical watch that allows him to meet and befriend friendly Yo-kai. Originating from Japan, YO-KAI WATCH has inspired a massive loyal following among kids and adults alike – leading to a nationwide dance sensation to one of the show’s featured tunes.
Starting on 27 June, Toonami will air the quirky series as part of its Anime Siege primetime programming block which runs on weekends from 9.30am and also includes Beast Saga, Beywheelz, Beywarriors Beyraiderz, Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy, Beywarriors Cyborg and Dragonball Z Kai.
Commenting on the acquisition, Mark Eyers said, “YO-KAI WATCH is the perfect complement to Toonami’s dynamic anime line-up. We’ve seen kids in North Asia react so positively to this unique series with its eccentric and surprising characters – and uplifting music. In both Japan and Korea, the franchise’s success has extended way beyond the screen to become a genuine phenomenon loved by both kids and families. We can’t wait to see YO-KAI WATCH enthral Toonami’s audiences in South and Southeast Asia.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 325 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 54 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 47 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 40 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020