The engaging telenovela from the renowned writer Manoel Carlos (Pages of Life and Seize the Day), Helena’s Shadow, has just been licensed to EPG. The telenovela has its debut scheduled for this year, and will be subtitled in Korean. The South Korean media group EPG, a partner of Globo for several years, also acquired the exhibition rights to Precious Pearl, winner of the 2014 International Emmy, Merciless, Side by Side, and Brazil Avenue, among other titles.
Helena’s Shadow is already delighting audiences around the world. The show has been licensed to TV5 (Mongolia), Las Viet (Vietnam), and SIC (Portugal), where it was among the 20 most-watched programs in the country. (Source: GFK). Set in Rio de Janeiro, also with locations in Vienna, Austria and in Goiás, in the heartland of Brazil, the telenovela mixes stories of love, hate, jealousy, passion, and envy.
Helena’s Shadow shows the encounters and farewells of the lives of cousins Laerte (Gabriel Braga Nunes, Irrational Heart) and Helena (Julia Lemmertz, Looks & Essence). On their wedding day, Laerte’s obsessive jealousy separates him from Helena. Twenty years later, he meets Luiza (Bruna Marquezine, Brave Woman), daughter of his former lover. The two falls in love and that profoundly affects Helena’s marriage and her relationship with her daughter, who ends up repeating the same mistakes from her mother’s past.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020