In addition, iflix subscribers will also have unlimited access to WBITD’s great action movies Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Green Lantern and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, to name a few, rounding out the 10,000 hours of top TV shows and movies available in 2015.
iflix Group CEO, Mark Britt commented, “We are thrilled to be partnering with some of the world’s top TV and film studios. Each has a long established history of excellence in producing popular, award-winning content in every genre and for every generation.”
Britt continued, “We have made a commitment to deliver the best selection of television series and movies to Southeast Asian consumers. These deals with Fox, BBC and WBIT are integral pieces in fulfilling that promise.”
Fox Vice President Sales, Asia at Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, Brendan Zauner said, “We are excited about the opportunity to work with iflix in Malaysia and the
Philippines. The SVOD business is here to stay and being able to partner with a professional operator like iflix, getting in at the ground level is something we value at Fox. It is true to our vision of providing the world’s best content to people wherever they happen to be, in whatever manner they choose to consume it.”
Said Monty Ghai, SVP and GM of Southeast Asia for BBC, said, “This partnership with iflix represents an exciting step for us. It is the first time that our slate of world class content will be available on an OTT platform in Malaysia and the Philippines. We look forward to growing our relationship with the iflix team in the years ahead.”
Launching in key Southeast Asian markets, including Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines,
Indonesia, and Vietnam throughout 2015, iflix will offer consumers more than 10,000 hours of top U.S., Asian regional, and local TV shows and movies. Each subscription will allow a user to access the service on five devices, as well as download content to their mobile, tablet, computer, or television set, for viewing anywhere, anytime.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 70 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 68 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 56 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 34 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020