Cannes – Keshet International’s tension-filled, colorful game show BOOM! has been sold to Asia for the first time. Bayon Radio and Television Cambodia has commissioned a substantial number of episodes of the show to run in a weekly slot on Bayon TV from summer 2015. The show will be produced in house.
Another local version of BOOM! is soon to go into production for America TV Peru. It will be produced in house and will begin airing on the channel in the last quarter of 2015.
Keren Shahar, Managing Director Distribution at Keshet International said, “BOOM! has such an infectious thrill that really keeps audiences on the edges of their seats, night after night. I’m sure this will be the first of several Asia deals and am delighted to see further expansion in Latin America.”
Earlier this year BOOM! sold to Argentina’s Telefe and TVN Chile where it is currently on air. 35 episodes of the finished Spanish edition of the show were also bought by Uruguay’s Canal 10.BOOM! is due to launch on FOX in the US on 25 June.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 339 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 64 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020