MIPTV Médaille d’Honneur Award recipients announced
Paris – Reed MIDEM announced four recipients of the 2015 MIPTV Médaille d’Honneur Award: Ben Silverman, Chairman and CEO of Electus; Cécile Frot-Coutaz , Chief Executive Officer of FremantleMedia; Ricardo Scalamandré, Head Of International Business, Globo Comunicacao e Participacoes S.A.; and Irfan Sahin, Chief Executive Officer, DoÄŸan TV Holding.
The prestigious Médaille d’Honneur is awarded to senior international executives who have, through their talent, leadership, and passion, made a significant contribution to the world of television and to the development of the international TV community. The MIPTV 2015 Médaille d’Honneur awards will be presented by Reed MIDEM CEO Paul Zilk at a gala dinner on 15 April at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes.
The honourees to receive the accolade are:
Ben Silverman , Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning show creator, Founder and Chairman and CEO of Electus, a next-generation studio. Pioneering content for the entertainment industry, Silverman has executive produced recent major hits including Jane the Virgin at The CW, NBC’s transformative TV commerce showFashion Star, Marco Polo for Netflix, and Running Wild with Bear Grylls on NBC. Additionally, Silverman is currently in production on several new series including Casanova directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet for Amazon,Fameless with executive producer David Spade for TruTV, and the feature film Hands of Stone starring Robert De Niro, Usher and Edgar Ramirez. Prior to launching Electus, Silverman served as Co-Chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios from June 2007 to 2009. As Founder and former CEO of Reveille, Silverman executive produced the Emmy Award-winning NBC comedy The Office and the Golden Globe-winning comedy Ugly Betty, and was co-creator and executive producer of the critically acclaimed The Tudors for Showtime.
Cécile Frot-Coutaz , Chief Executive Officer of FremantleMedia. As the leader of one of the world’s largest international creators, producers and distributors of primetime entertainment, drama, and factual entertainment television programming, Frot-Coutaz oversees a group with a turnover of over €1billion and produces more than 10,000 hours of programming a year across its companies in 28 countries. The company also specialises in the extension of television entertainment brands through international distribution, licensing, sponsorship, gaming and branded entertainment. Born and raised in France, Frot-Coutaz was previously CEO of FremantleMedia North America, during which time she also served as Executive Producer on some of the most innovative and successful event entertainment on U.S. television, including American Idol and America’s Got Talent. She began her career at the Pearson Group London in 1994, where she rose to become Corporate Strategy Executive and oversaw the successful acquisition and integration of a number of companies into the business which helped transform FremantleMedia into the industry leader it is today.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020