In his new role, Sebastian Burkhardt will be tasked with identifying and executing new business opportunities for the company, including co-productions and deficit financing as well as acquiring third party formats and finished programming for distribution. He will also spearhead the company’s push into finished programming and maximise its sales potential across all platforms. Burkhardt will report to KI’s Managing Director Distribution Keren Shahar.
This appointment signals KI’s intention to ramp up its finished programming sales business significantly over the next 12 months. With premium drama series DIG having launched last night on USA network and several other English language series due to air, the distributor’s tape catalogue is set to grow considerably.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020