Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s President and Managing Director Arjan Hoekstra departs
Singapore – Over the past several years, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP) has made a number of investments to expand its presence across the region. As the company continues to chart its course for the future, DNAP’s president and managing director Arjan Hoekstra has resigned due to a divergence of views about the strategic plan for the region. During his tenure, Arjan oversaw several key initiatives including the acquisitions of Food TV and Living Channel in New Zealand, and the launch of four 24-hour digital channels through joint-venture partner, Wasu, in China.
“Asia-Pacific is a key growth area for Discovery and we want to increase and accelerate our investment in the region. We thank Arjan for his contributions and wish him the very best in his future endeavours,” said JB Perrette, president of Discovery Networks International.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Discovery and I am now looking forward to new challenges ahead. I wish Discovery every success going forward,” said Hoekstra.
An external search for a new president and managing director will begin immediately. In the interim, Henry Martinez, president and managing director of Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic will be deployed to Singapore to oversee the DNAP business beginning March 2.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020