Hong Kong – CASBAA’s annual stop in the South Asian sub-continent will bring together a host of local and international speakers at the India Forum 2015 on March 23 at Shangri-La’s Eros Hotel in New Delhi.
“Reflecting India’s continued importance and influence in the Asia-Pacific region, CASBAA’s annual overview of this vibrant broadcasting market attracts the very best speakers from within the country and around the world,” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “As the television industry continues to evolve not only in India but across the globe, it truly feels as if we have entered into a new era of broadcasting and this forum is dedicated to the exploration of the vast opportunities now available to industry stakeholders.”
“New Era, New Opportunities,” this year’s theme for the CASBAA India Forum 2015, captures the essence of television in the country. Spurred by the plan to digitise the cable television sector, the Indian TV industry has been invigorated with the promise of increased transparency, pay revenues and access to content.
However, after the first two phases of digitisation, digital rollout seems to have reached a plateau. Has over-regulation taken the sheen off digitisation or are there other activities taking place that are not plainly evident? And, are stakeholders finally ready to iron out their differences for the greater common good?
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 180 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020