Keshet International (KI) has sold its reality dating format Girlfri3nds in French-speaking Canada. A local adaptation of the series will be produced by production company ZONE 3 for Bell Media-owned youth channel VRAK, which also successfully broadcasts the Quebec adaptation of another Keshet’s format Deal With It.
The deal, which was brokered by KI Sales Director Cynthia Kennedy, sees a 16 x 30’ series soon to begin production with a view to launch on 23 April, at prime time.
In a local twist, the series will switch half way through to feature three men looking for their love match, in addition to the traditional format which is centred on three female hopefuls. The title of the show will also change to reflect the flip from female to male focus – beginning as 3 FILLES CÉLIBATAIRES (Three Single Girls) and changing to 3 GARS CÉLIBATAIRES (Three Single Guys) from episode nine onwards.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020