Serbian prodco MBK Production and an as yet undisclosed Hungarian party have become the latest to pick up Armoza’s prime time entertainment shows The People’s Choice. Developed in partnership with TF1, the format was launched at MIPCOM and has now been taken in over 10 territories, including Germany, Italy, Sweden, France and most recently by Brazil’s Globo.
The People’s Choice
MBK have also acquired the rights to another of Armoza’s prime time entertainment shows I Can Do That!. This deal follows on from recent growth of the format in the CEE region, with Romania’s Antena 1 and Bulgaria’s Nova TV having recently commissioned the show. I Can Do That! is also now in production with Spain’s Antena 3, while both Italy’s RAI UNO and Brazil’s Rede Record are in production for their second seasons, and are slated to air this spring.
The People’s Choice (60’-90’) is a prime time live TV event that takes audience engagement to the next level and tests how well we know our nation by presenting viewers with the most trending, thought-provoking and entertaining dilemmas – A week without showering or without their smartphone? World peace or $1 million? Once the nation has made its choice live, participants in the studio must guess what the entire country chose. And it’s open to everyone – not only can the whole nation play, but everyone who does also has the chance to win cash prizes.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020