Serbian prodco MBK Production and an as yet undisclosed Hungarian party have become the latest to pick up Armoza’s prime time entertainment shows The People’s Choice. Developed in partnership with TF1, the format was launched at MIPCOM and has now been taken in over 10 territories, including Germany, Italy, Sweden, France and most recently by Brazil’s Globo.
The People’s Choice
MBK have also acquired the rights to another of Armoza’s prime time entertainment shows I Can Do That!. This deal follows on from recent growth of the format in the CEE region, with Romania’s Antena 1 and Bulgaria’s Nova TV having recently commissioned the show. I Can Do That! is also now in production with Spain’s Antena 3, while both Italy’s RAI UNO and Brazil’s Rede Record are in production for their second seasons, and are slated to air this spring.
The People’s Choice (60’-90’) is a prime time live TV event that takes audience engagement to the next level and tests how well we know our nation by presenting viewers with the most trending, thought-provoking and entertaining dilemmas – A week without showering or without their smartphone? World peace or $1 million? Once the nation has made its choice live, participants in the studio must guess what the entire country chose. And it’s open to everyone – not only can the whole nation play, but everyone who does also has the chance to win cash prizes.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 80 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 39 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020