Mumbai, India – Ten Sports Network has secured exclusive rights for MotoGP™, the premier World Championship for motorcycle road racing. MotoGP will, for the first time, be broadcast exclusively by a broadcaster in the Indian Sub-Continent.
This new deal between Taj TV and MotoGP™ rights holders Dorna Sports will run for a period of five seasons starting 2015. As a part of this deal, Ten Sports will broadcast all MotoGP, Moto2™ & Moto3™ races and Qualifying practices live on their network of six channels. Ten Sports will also be offering multi-screen feeds on its digital platforms and will develop a dedicated MotoGP section on www.tensports.com.
Rajesh Sethi, Global CEO of Ten Sports said, “We are very excited to embark on this new journey with Dorna. We are committed to building this property in India over the next five years and viewers will witness unprecedented MotoGP programming initiatives on Ten Sports Network. Viewers identify MotoGP with the Ten Sports Network as can be seen with the higher MotoGP viewership numbers on Ten Sports viz a viz other networks. We have also been rightsholders for this premium property since 2006 and we are delighted to continue and take this partnership to the next level.”
Announcing the agreement, Manel Arroyo, Dorna Sports Managing Director commented, “We are thrilled about our exclusive partnership with Taj TV and looking forward to developing a close relationship with them. India is a key market for MotoGP in the coming years and the World Championship will benefit greatly from the extensive promotion that Taj have committed to provide.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020