Singapore – A+E Networks® Asia has greenlighted a pan-regional Asian version of the global hit reality cooking format, MasterChef. MasterChef Asia will debut on Lifetime later this year.
Endemol Shine Group’s Singapore based production company, Endemol Southeast Asia, has been commissioned to produce the 15-episode series, which will film in Singapore. MasterChef Asia will feature three judges, to be named at a future date, alongside contestants selected from across Asia. Amateur cooks who aspire to be the first ever MasterChef Asia can submit their audition videos on masterchefasia.com from now until 5 March.
“MasterChef Asia marks an important milestone for A+E Networks Asia,” said Prem Kamath, Deputy Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, A+E Networks. “The series is our most significant local commission to date and is a sign of our commitment to the Asian production community.”
MasterChef Asia is presented by the Singapore Tourism Board and Knorr, in association with Panasonic and Changi Airport Group.
Lynette Pang, Assistant Chief Executive, Singapore Tourism Board said, “We are excited to support this wonderful opportunity together with Changi Airport Group at a time when our dining scene has never been more exciting. Even as we celebrate our multi-cultural culinary heritage, this new series will help highlight a new generation of future Asian and Singaporean MasterChefs. Against the backdrop of our vibrant cityscape and culinary gems such as hawker centres and celebrity chef restaurants, viewers can look forward to a showcase of Singapore’s best culinary delights today.”
“At Knorr, we believe that crafting authentic flavourful meals for your family should be easy and achievable – for moms and MasterChefs alike,” said Jason Green, VP Marketing at Knorr. “We think that MasterChef is the perfect platform to inspire more people to inject more flavour into their own home cooked meals and in so doing, elevate the quality of food savoured across the subcontinent.”
Junichiro Kitagawa, Managing Director, Panasonic Asia Pacific added, “Panasonic aims to provide a better life by meeting the varied needs of our customers everywhere. We are excited to see how MasterChef Asia talents can put together healthy mouth-watering dishes with fresh premium crops locally harvested in our indoor farm and Panasonic cooking appliances.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021