Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – The establishment of the Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP) was officially set in stone following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Football Association Malaysia (FAM) and international media rights company, MP & Silva.
At the ceremony held at the Ritz Carlton hotel, FAM was represented by its president, HRH Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, while MP & Silva was represented by Beatrice Lee, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific and Daniele Capelletti, Head of Acquisitions. Witnessing the event was Dato’ Hamidin Hj Mohd. Amin, General Secretary of FAM as well as other representatives from FAM and MP & Silva.
The ceremony followed an announcement of the formation of FMLLP earlier this week, and that MP & Silva had pledged RM1.26 billion towards the partnership over the total 15-year period of the contract.
“We are truly positive about this new collaboration, and are therefore investing heavily into it. Although the amount pledged is RM1.26 billion, the actual amount of funds channelled towards this venture could very well surpass that figure,” said Beatrice Lee.
Stakeholders within the FMLLP will include FAM, as the Managing Partner, MP & Silva as a special partner (FAM’s global media and commercial advisor) and the respective football clubs as partners.
Football Malaysia LLP was created in the course of privatisation of the Malaysian football league system. The newly formed partnership will therefore oversee five entities in Malaysian football under its jurisdiction, which include Malaysia Super League, the Malaysia Premier League, the FA Cup, the Malaysia Cup and the Charity Shield.
It was earlier announced that FAM would benefit from 40 per cent of the total revenue of FMLLP, while the clubs will receive 30 per cent of the funds. Meanwhile, development of referees and youth will be allotted 10 per cent and the remaining 20 per cent will be channelled towards the running of the league.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020