Berlinale – FremantleMedia International (FMI) and SundanceTV announced a partnership that will see the network broadcast the major new eight-part drama, Deutschland 83 on its U.S. channel. The UFA Fiction series will become the first ever German-language drama to be aired on a major U.S. network.
Created by Anna Winger and Joerg Winger, Deutschland 83 is executive produced by UFA Fiction’s Joerg Winger and Nico Hofmann and directed by Edward Berger and Samira Radsi. The series is a UFA Fiction production for RTL Television in Germany, in partnership with SundanceTV in the U.S. and distributed by FremantleMedia International worldwide.
The series is set to have its exclusive World Premiere during the inaugural Berlinale Special Series at the 65th Berlinale International Film Festival.
Lisa Honig, SEVP, Television & Digital Distribution, North America, FremantleMedia International said, “We are thrilled to be working with SundanceTV on this high-tension, intense and yet wonderfully relatable drama. The Deutschland 83 story, popular soundtrack and unique filmic style all blend perfectly to create an outstanding piece of drama. Anna and Joerg did a tremendous job – I have never seen anything quite like this.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020