New Delhi, India – Cisco announced that Videocon d2h will deploy advanced video solutions from the Cisco Videoscape™ product portfolio to enable it to deliver an innovative, high quality television viewing experience to its customers. Cisco will collaborate with Videocon d2h to create an infrastructure that supports advanced services like 4K, OTT (Over the Top), VOD (Video on Demand), multi-screen video and multi-room DVR (Digital Video Recorder), on a high definition platform.
Since its inception in 2009, Videocon d2h has become the fastest-growing DTH service in India, with over 12.6 million subscribers. The company has several firsts to its credit in the fast-growing DTH industry, including the launch of India’s first DTH enabled LCD TVs and India’s first 3D ready set-top box. It has also been awarded the Economic Times Best Brand 2014 and has been named Asia’s most promising DTH brand for the second year running.
As the pay-TV market leader in India and Asia-Pacific, Cisco is at the forefront of changing the way people experience TV entertainment through its leading Videoscape platform, which offers best-in-class content management and exceptional user interface capabilities. Cisco® Videoscape enables consistent video experiences across multiple devices including TVs, tablets, PCs, mobile phones and gaming consoles. Cisco and Videocon d2h are uniquely positioned to offer an immersive video experience coupled with an array of value-added services and applications on multiple screens.
Saurabh Dhoot, Director, Videocon d2h said, “We pride ourselves in being a frontrunner in bringing futuristic technologies to India, some of which are yet to be experienced in even the most advanced countries. Our collaboration with Cisco will present our customers with the latest and best technology in the DTH industry and will introduce them to a whole new range of next-gen applications. We believe that this partnership will redefine the overall viewing experience through our varied product portfolios and service offerings. We continuously endeavor to provide top quality services to our consumers.”
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020