Hong Kong – CASBAA’s calendar of events for 2015 officially begins with Indonesia in View taking place on Tuesday, 20 January at the Hotel Mulia Senayan in Jakarta.
“CASBAA is returning to Indonesia with a full scale event for the first time in nearly three years to re-examine the progress of the pay-TV industry in this dynamic region,” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “Indonesia is still a land of great opportunity for the multichannel TV market and this year’s forum will help our delegates gain a greater understanding of the business of broadcasting in the country,” he continued.
Television dominates the media landscape in Indonesia, with nearly 42 million TV households representing over 67% of the nearly 62 million total homes in the country. However, while FTA television is ubiquitous – including one Government owned station, 10 private stations with “national” coverage and more than 200 FTA stations with city or regional coverage – cable and satellite TV are still relatively small markets, with 4.4 million households in 2014, representing 11% household penetration.
To explore the nooks and crannies of the local industry, leaders from across all sectors of multichannel TV will share their knowledge and experiences working within the Indonesian broadcasting framework.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 51 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020