Dubai, UAE and Geneva, Switzerland – Thuraya Telecommunications Company, a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator announced it has increased its commitment to emergency communications response with the donation of Thuraya satellite phones to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). Thuraya is providing the ITU with a supplementary stock of XT handsets to enable relief workers and first responders to connect and coordinate efforts during times of emergencies.
Thuraya Chief Executive Officer Samer Halawi said the agreement further extends the use of its satellite equipment for disaster relief. “At Thuraya, we strongly believe in our purpose to save and improve lives. We remain deeply committed to continuing our involvement in emergency communications programmes, and to strengthening our partnership with the ITU. We provide reliable, cost-effective and rapidly-deployable mobile satellite services to NGO customers around the world, and are delighted to leverage our experience in our enhanced long term partnership with the ITU.”
Thuraya’s satellite equipment will enhance ITU’s capacity in deploying mobile communications to assist countries in preparing for disasters and in strengthening response and recovery mechanisms. Thuraya will also provide ITU with preferential airtime rates and technical training support.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020