Singapore – With NBCUniversal International Television’s entire portfolio available for TV Everywhere authenticated simulcast in Asia, NBCUniversal becomes the first U.S. studio to launch this service in Taiwan, hot on the heels of recent deals in Malaysia and Singapore.
“We are excited to be at the forefront in delivering channels in Asia and particularly the first in Taiwan to provide solutions for our audiences to consume U.S. content,” said Christine Fellowes, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Universal Networks International. “Enabling our key channels to be on TV Everywhere, demonstrates our commitment to supporting our partners as they progress to new and innovative ways of delivering channels to their subscribers.”
This new agreement in Taiwan with Chunghwa MOD means that from the end of the year Universal Channel and Syfy will be available through authenticated simulcast, with DIVA launching on the platform in January 2015.
“Chunghwa Telecom’s MOD is at the vanguard of digital TV in Taiwan and we are thrilled to continue to roll out our TV Anywhere service with the addition of NBCUniversal, and be the first platform in Taiwan to do so. This goes to show the strength of the partnership between the two companies,” said Ming-Te Wu, Vice President, Northern Taiwan Business Group, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd.
Growing in popularity across the region, TV Everywhere addresses Asian viewing preferences for multiple touch-points coupled with shorter windows and an HD-quality television viewing experience.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 45 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020