El Segundo, California – Following the recent critically acclaimed premiere of Kingdom, which has proven to be one of Audience Network’s most popular shows of all time, DIRECTV has ordered an additional 20 episodes of the one-hour drama series from creator Byron Balasco (Detroit 1-8-7) and Endemol Studios (Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Red Widow). Production on the new order is expected to begin in March 2015, with the first batch of 10 episodes set to air on DIRECTV’s Audience Network in October. The following 10 episodes will air in 2016.
Kingdom is a visceral family saga that takes place in Venice, California and is set against the backdrop of the renegade subculture of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). It is a world rife with complex characters and relationships that unfurl in surprising and deeply human ways. The next 20 episodes will continue to focus on the characters portrayed by Frank Grillo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier; Warrior), Kiele Sanchez (The Purge; Lost), Matt Lauria (Friday Night Lights), Jonathan Tucker (Parenthood), Nick Jonas and Joanna Going (House of Cards; Mad Men).
“DIRECTV could not be more thrilled by the response that last week’s premiere of Kingdom elicited from both critics and our viewers,” said Chris Long, SVP Original Content and Production, DIRECTV. “The series very clearly resonated with DIRECTV’s subscribers and we eagerly anticipate sharing these additional 20 episodes with them and further exploring the compelling world that Byron Balasco has created.”
“I want to thank DIRECTV and Endemol Studios for their passion and support for the show. I truly couldn’t ask for better creative partners,” said Writer/Creator Bryon Balasco. “I’m excited to get back to work with my incredible cast and crew.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020