Hong Kong – Australian News Channel Pty Ltd and Lightning International Ltd announced the launch of Australia Channel, which will present the best of Australian news, business and sport – backed by the resources of SKY NEWS Australia, a joint venture of Australia’s two biggest free to air networks Seven and Nine and BSkyB.
Australia Channel will deliver 24/7 coverage of news, business and sport, directly from Australia’s state capitals and beyond, to audiences across Asia and around the globe.
Former CNN anchor Stan Grant, together with many other notable Australian news anchors, will deliver coverage from Australia’s Parliament in Canberra, the commercial centres of Sydney and Melbourne, the Australian Stock Exchange, and the nation’s most famous sporting venues.
The new service will include comprehensive coverage and updates of Australia’s favourite sports including AFL and NRL, national and international cricket and horse-racing spectaculars such as the annual Melbourne Cup.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020