Jakarta, Indonesia – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), announced its expansion of MTV in Indonesia via its collaboration with FORTE, a member of Karsa Group and a marketing and sales distribution partner for MTV in Indonesia. Effective 1 November, MTV will initially expand its existing reach in Indonesia to about 12 million households via four local free-to-air TV partners, across five cities in Indonesia – Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Banjarmasin and Makassar. At the next phase planned for early 2015, FORTE will expand MTV’s presence via additional local free-to-air TV partners across other Indonesian cities. The four-hour MTV-branded block will air daily.
“As the biggest and boldest global youth brand, MTV has enjoyed strong engagement with our youth audience across multiple platforms by offering them the most relevant content and experiences in the markets we operate in,” said Mark Whitehead, Executive Vice President & Managing Director, Viacom International Media Networks Asia. “This move demonstrates our commitment to strengthen local engagement, programming and cater to the specific viewing preferences of Indonesian youth. FORTE is passionate about our brand, which will help expand MTV’s existing presence and deepen our brand engagement in Indonesia.”
Under the campaign of 1000% YOUTH, MTV is dedicated to be the cultural home for Indonesian youth, bringing them:
• A wide variety of youth oriented programming including:
Top International, Regional and Local Music programming such as Chart Attack, MTV Hits, K-Wave (K-pop), Japan Hits (J-Pop);
Original MTV programming from signature music and entertainment events from all around the globe and the region such as MTV Video Music Awards, MTV EMA (Europe Music Awards), MTV Movie Awards, MTV World Stage and MTV Sessions;
Original MTV shows such as The Ride, Ridiculousness, Pranked, Punk’d, Pimp My Ride and Catfish.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020