Singapore – Do energy drinks and sports drinks really live up to their promises? What are the dangers behind sugar, oil, and celebrity diets? Or what makes snacks so incredibly addictive and irresistible to us all? Explore the hidden secrets and unearth the truths behind food in an all new season of The Food Detectives.
activeTV, a production house, announced that a second season of The Food Detectives will premiere on 7 October, on MediaCorp Channel 5. Hosted by foodie and health guru Nikki Muller, the new season will continue a culinary exploration of everyday food.
The Food Detectives
Directed by Paulo Vivan, the 30-minute edutainment series follows Muller through a trail of pantry raids, supermarket shelves, and dining tables across Singapore, as she debunks food myths through entertaining taste tests and human experiments. The Food Detectives also uncovers the fascinating truth behind favourite meals with a panel of leading scientists, doctors and nutritionists.
This time round, The Food Detectives Season 2 is set to uncover some of the most food secrets yet. Season 2 serves to provide more fun and laughter, whilst engaging the viewers with useful information for the meals we enjoy. The 13-part series will explore namely; Food as Medicine, Sports and Energy Drinks, Oil, Sugar, Milk, Meat, Diets, Kids and Harmful Food, Old Wives Tales of Food, Snacks, Food Advertising, Weird Foods, and Microwave Foods.
“Riding on the success of its first season, the team at activeTV is pleased to bring back The Food Detectives, for another season of laughter and fun as we explore the one thing we all love – Food. This season, we wanted to inject more excitement with little-less known hard truths about the food Singaporeans love,” said Paulo Vivan, activeTV’s Head of Post Production.
“Health and food science does not have to be boring. Season 2 of The Food Detectives proves that there are amusing and engaging ways to approach such topics. The team took months to research and develop each and every episode carefully, and we are excited to unveil a new line-up of fun food facts for our viewers,” shared Vivan.
The Food Detectives
“We had a successful first season of The Food Detectives last year, so it was a natural decision to continue this culinary journey with activeTV again. Beyond just keeping our viewers informed and entertained, Channel 5 is also the home for all food lovers. The Food Detectives is another great programme that will provide viewers with an engaging and entertaining food trail,” said Paul Chan, Vice-President of Channel Branding and Promotion, MediaCorp TV.
Catch The Food Detectives every Tuesday at 8.30pm, on MediaCorp Channel 5.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020