SPT Networks signs agreement with Dori Media Group
Culver City, California and Zurich, Switzerland – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks and Dori Media Group (DMG) announced that they have entered into an agreement whereby SPT Networks will acquire 50% of the VIVA and VIVA Plus channels and the VIVA Walla online free video-on-demand (FVOD) service in Israel, along with 50% of DMG’s Baby TV operations in Indonesia. Completion of the transaction is subject to certain closing conditions including Israeli regulatory approvals.
Andy Kaplan, President of SPT’s worldwide networks, said, “This acquisition builds on our strategy to capitalise on channels opportunities around the world, which includes entering new markets. We’ve had a great experience working with the DMG team and are happy to be expanding our relationship.”
Nadav Palti, President and CEO of DMG, commented, “SPT Networks’ decision to expand our working relationship in Indonesia, and in Israel for the first time, reflects the strength of our position in two excellent markets. We are excited to be working more closely with them and are confident these ventures will flourish.”
The VIVA branded telenovela channels, VIVA and VIVA Plus, are carried by all Israeli multi-channel platforms. VIVA boasts high viewership loyalty and is continuously amongst the four most popular entertainment cable television channels in Israel according to HOT Telecom’s audience measurement system. The co-branded online FVOD service VIVA Walla, which offers telenovelas, continues to attract high viewership.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 43 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020