NGCI signs deal with Fox International Channels and Radio-Canada
Singapore – Louis Lalande, Executive Vice President, French Services at CBC/Radio-Canada and Ward Platt, Chief Operating Officer of FOX International Channels (FIC) and Chief Executive Officer of National Geographic Channels International (NGCI), announced that they have signed an output agreement that will expose FIC Content Sales’ library of outstanding National Geographic productions to more viewers, including Canadian teachers and students.
Radio-Canada has acquired over one hundred hours of National Geographic documentaries to be broadcast on the ICI Explora channel starting in January 2015. Also in January 2015, ICI Explora will introduce a new slot in prime-time exclusively devoted to National Geographic productions, starting with six documentaries on big cats. Radio-Canada has indicated its interest in a variety of documentaries and series currently in production to expand the programming line-up of Découverte, La semaine verte, Zone doc and Les Grands Reportages on ICI RDI.
The partners have also signed an agreement, which allows Curio.ca – Radio-Canada’s education platform – to air 200 hours of National Geographic documentaries previously acquired and aired on ICI Explora as well as additional hours secured specifically for Curio.ca. This collaboration enables teaching institutions and libraries throughout Canada who subscribe to Curio.ca to access National Geographic’s outstanding factual content.
Curio.ca is a new web portal that allows instructors at all levels – elementary, secondary and postsecondary – to stream highly relevant video and audio content in classrooms to support their teaching. Boasting a library of thousands of media files, the service will expose students to CBC/Radio-Canada’s most popular programmes. Content is organised into seven main subject categories – arts, business, education, health, history and geography, science, and social sciences. The portal, which features over 4,000 news stories, documentaries and series, is currently accessible to over two million Canadian students.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020