Global industry leaders to shine light on Asia’s media market
At the Singapore Media Festival (SMF) this 4 to 14 December, global industry players looking to deepen their media business in Asia can expect a more vibrant marketplace and a bigger celebration of the best content and media talent in Asia.
SMF will bring together a seamless market for TV and film, screenings, conferences and awards with the following four established media events – Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF), Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF), ScreenSingapore (SS) and Asian Television Awards (ATA).
The inaugural event is expected to bring together the leading producers, content creators, distributors and buyers from both the broadcast and film sectors to Singapore:
ATF and SS will see the gathering of more than 5,000 international TV and film executives from over 60 countries, and 40 top-level conference sessions featuring 70 speakers.
The awards show by ATA, which attracts more than 1,000 entries across the region, is expected to reach a wide regional audience of over 30 million households.
SGIFF with its showcase of more than 100 feature and short films from over 50 countries is expected to draw more than 10,000 visitors.
Leading media industry players and veterans to share expertise
Strong line-up of speakers for broadcast industry players
ATF will showcase a strong conference line-up featuring the thought leaders in the broadcast industry, with representatives from the world’s most influential media brands such as Disney, CBS Paramount, Warner Brothers, BBC and Viacom.
Global industry heavyweights who will share their insights at ATF include Liu Xichen, President and CEO of 3C Media China, who will speak on the growing format market in Asia. Alon Shtruzman, CEO of Keshet International (Israel), who is well-known as one of the founding fathers of Israel’s multi-channel industry, will also be one of the keynote speakers for ATF.
Other notable experts who will share their insights into Asia’s entertainment business include Robert Gilby, Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) (Singapore), Ricky Ow, President, Turner International Asia Pacific (Hong Kong SAR), and Jonathan Spink, CEO, HBO Asia (Singapore).
Initiatives to nurture talent for global success
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 67 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020