Global Agency, an international independent TV content distributor, will introduce many hit original formats at MIPCOM 2014. Presenting 15 new formats at the market is a record for Global Agency and the company is reporting its most successful year ever.
One of the leading lights for the market is Stand By Me – a new duet project created by Global Agency – where the celebrity jury members are also contestants. In this 18-week singing competition, each juror must choose their own team of 10 to compete in battle rounds, but there’s a catch: the juror also has to sing with them in a high-energy duet.
Next is an original and fun-filled game show format, TUG, created by Michael Rotschild and produced by July August Productions with the TV Format Fund. In an exciting twist on the game of tug-of-war, two teams with three members each go head to head in a war of knowledge. The teams’ goal is to reach the final round with as much money as possible, with victory reached by pulling their opponents into the “zero-line” in the middle of the money rail. The team with the most money at the end of three battle rounds will compete in the final round, but they’ll have to be both fast and smart to take home all of the money they’ve banked.
Love is also on the agenda in live dating show Love Is Calling, a show that brings people together from all ages, lifestyles and backgrounds. They have the same goal of finding the perfect companion. It aired on RTL in Germany in 2014, and since its debut in Turkey, 120,000 people have sought to appear on Love is Calling, hoping to find their perfect mate and so far 340 couples have found their match on the show.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020