Abu Dhabi – Yahsat announced the manufacturing and launch partners for the Company’s recently announced third satellite, Al Yah 3, set to be launched in Q4 2016. This third satellite, within a decade of operation by Yahsat, extends the company’s commercial Ka-band coverage to an additional 17 countries and 600 million users across Africa and Brazil.
Al Yah 3
In line with Yahsat’s strategy of working with the world’s leading organisations and positioning the UAE as the region’s satellite communications hub, Yahsat has announced a partnership – with Orbital Sciences Corporation (“Orbital”), which will manufacture Al Yah 3, and Arianespace which will launch the new satellite into orbit from French Guiana. The agreements supplement Yahsat’s world-class partnership model and knowledge-sharing vision which aims at bringing UAE technology and home-grown services to some of the world’s most unconnected and underserved regions. The selection also supports Yahsat’s objective of finding the right balance between cost, innovation and reliability for this crucial next step in the execution of the company’s growth strategy.
From right David W. Thompson, Masood M. Sharif Mahmood and Stéphane Yvon Laurent I.)
Commenting on the appointment of partners Orbital and Arianespace, Masood M. Sharif Mahmood, Chief Executive Officer at Yahsat, said, “After a rigorous selection process, Yahsat has chosen two industry-leading organisations that will manufacture and launch our third satellite in late 2016. Having worked with Arianespace for the launch of Y1A, one of the world’s most advanced satellites currently in orbit, and with Orbital’s impressive track record of building over 150 satellites that have amassed over 1,000 years of in-orbit experience, both companies have proven their ability to meet and exceed our expectations for world class connectivity in Africa and Brazil.”
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,538 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 114 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020