Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. (TBS) announced its latest Japanese co-production venture, Find the Wasabi! at a press conference held in Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on September 18.
The 2nd season of Find the Wasabi!, an original format presented at MIPTV in April 2014, is being launched as a collaboration between TBS and Primeworks Studios as main co-producers, and welcoming on board Singaporean broadcaster Mediacorp and Thai broadcaster GMM Grammy as associate producers. The four-way co-production is viewed as a pioneering move in the entertainment/game genre, as international co-productions generally tend to take place between two parties in documentary and drama.
The series debuted last year through a collaboration with Singapore’s MediaCorp, and features three heartthrobs from Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand who immerse themselves in rich Japanese culture by competing on challenging tasks that tests their knowledge of the Japanese way of life.
The info-variety-game series is scheduled for broadcasts beginning January 2015 on ntv7 in Malaysia, with broadcasts in Singapore, Thailand and Japan projected to be in the same period.
Find the Wasabi! (Season 2)
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020