Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. (TBS) announced its latest Japanese co-production venture, Find the Wasabi! at a press conference held in Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on September 18.
The 2nd season of Find the Wasabi!, an original format presented at MIPTV in April 2014, is being launched as a collaboration between TBS and Primeworks Studios as main co-producers, and welcoming on board Singaporean broadcaster Mediacorp and Thai broadcaster GMM Grammy as associate producers. The four-way co-production is viewed as a pioneering move in the entertainment/game genre, as international co-productions generally tend to take place between two parties in documentary and drama.
The series debuted last year through a collaboration with Singapore’s MediaCorp, and features three heartthrobs from Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand who immerse themselves in rich Japanese culture by competing on challenging tasks that tests their knowledge of the Japanese way of life.
The info-variety-game series is scheduled for broadcasts beginning January 2015 on ntv7 in Malaysia, with broadcasts in Singapore, Thailand and Japan projected to be in the same period.
Find the Wasabi! (Season 2)
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 47 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020