Talpa Global and Israel’s A Cappella have entered into a partnership agreement that sees Talpa handle the worldwide distribution rights to the new connected game show The Big Picture.
“Although we rarely enter into partnerships on third party formats, we made an exception with A Cappella as we believe The Big Picture is such a unique connected format that’s going to change the perception of the game show,” said Maarten Meijs, Managing Director of Talpa Global.
Created by TV host and mentalist Nimrod Harel and A Cappella, The Big Picture sees studio players get the chance to win a million dollars by correctly answering 12 picture-based questions. If the studio player is unsure, or simply doesn’t know the answer, he can enlist help from a connected player selected from among those viewers playing along in real time with The Big Picture app. At that moment that particular connected player will have his image projected on the TV screen, play along via the technology and also have a shot at winning a substantial amount of the studio player’s total prize money, even all of it!
The creators behind this new format define The Big Picture as the next generation in the evolvement of the game show genre, which will cater to the networks and producers around the world who have been searching for the pinnacle combination between the TV screen and the personal screen of the smartphones or tablets. The Big Picture redefines a new interactive and collaborative viewing experience.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020