French Canadian broadcaster, TVA Group, has announced its second season commission of crime thriller The Killer Inside (locally known as Mensonges) following the successful airing of the first season this year on SVOD platform Videotron and specialty channel Addik-TV. In France, the rights for the investigative drama were this week acquired from Armoza Formats by Ace Entertainment. This marks a continuing partnership between the two, who collaborate here once more since the French broadcast of the acclaimed thriller Hostages on Canal+.
The Killer Inside
Continuing the news-filled week for The Killer Inside, the drama was awarded the title of Best Drama Series at the prestigious French-Canadian Gémeaux awards ceremony, sponsored by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television. Fanny Mallette was also awarded the Best Actress trophy at the for her leading role, and the drama has been nominated at the 16th Festival de la Fiction de la Rochelle for Best International TV Drama.
The Killer Inside is TVA-owned AddikTV’s first original drama. Season one initially aired on TVA’s Videotron SVOD platform in March, where for the first time they released all episodes at once. It broke viewership records on Videotron and in June aired on Addik-TV where it tripled the channel’s ratings.
The Killer Inside (10×60′) is a psychological thriller that follows an interrogation specialist and her team as they delve into 3 suspects’ psychological truth in each episode. Investigating the world of crime from a new and unprecedentedly realistic perspective, she will solve the murders in her own, unpredictable way. As she builds a relationship of trust with suspects, she uncovers their lies and gets them to confess – all from the interrogation room. ‘The Killer Inside’ portrays the rich, complex world of the interrogation room, with its constant mix of suspense and emotions, and is available both as a format and a ready-made.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020