French Canadian broadcaster, TVA Group, has announced its second season commission of crime thriller The Killer Inside (locally known as Mensonges) following the successful airing of the first season this year on SVOD platform Videotron and specialty channel Addik-TV. In France, the rights for the investigative drama were this week acquired from Armoza Formats by Ace Entertainment. This marks a continuing partnership between the two, who collaborate here once more since the French broadcast of the acclaimed thriller Hostages on Canal+.
The Killer Inside
Continuing the news-filled week for The Killer Inside, the drama was awarded the title of Best Drama Series at the prestigious French-Canadian Gémeaux awards ceremony, sponsored by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television. Fanny Mallette was also awarded the Best Actress trophy at the for her leading role, and the drama has been nominated at the 16th Festival de la Fiction de la Rochelle for Best International TV Drama.
The Killer Inside is TVA-owned AddikTV’s first original drama. Season one initially aired on TVA’s Videotron SVOD platform in March, where for the first time they released all episodes at once. It broke viewership records on Videotron and in June aired on Addik-TV where it tripled the channel’s ratings.
The Killer Inside (10×60′) is a psychological thriller that follows an interrogation specialist and her team as they delve into 3 suspects’ psychological truth in each episode. Investigating the world of crime from a new and unprecedentedly realistic perspective, she will solve the murders in her own, unpredictable way. As she builds a relationship of trust with suspects, she uncovers their lies and gets them to confess – all from the interrogation room. ‘The Killer Inside’ portrays the rich, complex world of the interrogation room, with its constant mix of suspense and emotions, and is available both as a format and a ready-made.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020