WDR mediagroup appoints Stefanie Fischer as Head of Content
Cologne – In order to centrally manage the overall exploitation of its programme content as well as to develop the international sale and distribution of broadcasting rights of its children’s brands, with effect from 1 August WDR mediagroup (WDRmg) has strengthened its programme exploitation with Stefanie Fischer as Head of Content.
In this role, her area of responsibility includes expanding the offering to include new content as well as the orchestration of commercial exploitation content from TV and radio programmes across the various channels. In this area, the portfolio of WDRmg covers a broad exploitation spectrum such as excerpt rights, pay TV, VoD and products such as DVDs, CDs as well as printed publications. Furthermore, Fischer – who focuses on children’s programmes – is responsible for developing the international sale and distribution of broadcasting rights and for international co-productions. In her new position she reports to the Director of Programme Exploitation and Project Management, Andrea Zuska.
Stefanie Fischer comes to WDRmg from ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland GmbH, where she worked as Sales Director in Content Sales. Her professional background also includes having worked for Sony Pictures Television Sales Deutschland GmbH and ZDF Enterprises GmbH, where she was employed as a Sales Manager for international and digital programmes, as well as the exploitation of children’s programmes.
“By strengthening programme exploitation with Stefanie Fischer’s appointment, we are systematically continuing the expansion of the area. In addition to our activities as a licensor for our merchandising portfolio of children’s brands, we see great growth potential for the future, primarily in bespoke content strategies and in the internationalisation of our children’s division. The entry into international co-productions will help us secure attractive rights for the merchandising business and the sale of broadcasting rights,” said Andrea Zuska.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 40 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 39 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020