Singapore – Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the provider of cloud services for delivering, optimising and securing online content and business applications partnered with the National Day Parade (NDP) 2014 Executive Committee to deliver close to 15,000 hours of online videos for Singapore’s 49th birthday.
The Executive Committee had introduced richer content on both the NDP website and mobile app to bring the celebrations closer to the viewers, as well as to enhance their viewing experiences. The introduction of the mobile app also marks the first time the National Day Parade is providing multi-device viewers with access to live and on-demand behind-the-scenes events related to the 49th National Day Parade. Apart from live streaming of the parade, viewers were treated to content ranging from interviews with the performers, and the fireworks team to features on military vehicles like the Light Strike Vehicle Mark II and Light Fire Attack Vehicle (Red Rhino 4G) which were on display during the parade.
The National Day Parade is one the most anticipated events in Singapore each year. Online streaming often faces challenges brought about by multi-device consumption and high Internet traffic especially during peak periods i.e. during the parade. Akamai was able to ensure superior and engaging media experiences for viewers by offloading at peak 99.5 percent of its traffic on the Akamai’s Intelligent Platform. It leveraged on Akamai’s cloud-based media workflow, storage and delivery solutions to efficiently process and stream the video content to viewers. The solutions are built on the Akamai’s Intelligent Platform, which represents the world’s largest content delivery network.
Apart from Singapore, statistics from Akamai indicated that the parade’s last performance at the Floating Platform was most watched by online viewers from Australia, followed by USA, Malaysia and China consecutively.
“We were very pleased to be part of Singapore’s birthday celebrations. This partnership presented us with the opportunity to work with the National Day Parade 2014 Executive Committee to enhance viewers’ engagement and experience,” said Rick Lanman, Regional Manager, ASEAN for Akamai Technologies. “Akamai has supported major events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, Sochi Olympic Games and London Olympics. The National Day Parade is never short of memorable moments and we were delighted to be able to provide a consistent and high-quality viewing experience for the viewers on any device, anywhere.”
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 75 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020