MediaCorp and SingTel mio TV to broadcast 2014 Commonwealth Games
Singapore – MediaCorp and SingTel mio TV will be broadcasting the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games from July 23 to August 3.
Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games logo
MediaCorp will be carrying the 17 sports free on okto channel and its over-the-top service, Toggle which will stream live events for viewers on the go, while SingTel will be dedicating six HD channels to round-the-clock coverage of the games on pay TV platform SingTel mio TV and its companion mobile app, mio TV Go. SingTel will be offering the most comprehensive ever “live” coverage of the games in Singapore.
Here are the key offerings that MediaCorp and SingTel will bring to the viewers:
On MediaCorp platforms
- Special Coverage of Team Singapore’s participation
Viewers can depend on MediaCorp to bring them special coverage of Team Singapore including triathlete and runner, Mok Ying Ren, badminton player Derek Wong, table tennis player, Feng Tian Wei and sprinter, Shanti Pereira. This will include interviews with Team Singapore athletes and a daily round-up of Team Singapore’s performance.
- Daily Highlights show
MediaCorp will also carry a daily highlights show, Today at the Games, rounding up the day’s major sporting action at the games.
- Comprehensive Sporting action, on the go
Toggle will have five free Toggle Live channels including okto’s simulcast to stream live events daily from 3pm to 8am. Toggle viewers can stream these events online, on mobile devices, tablets and smart TV via the Toggle App. In addition, viewers can access Toggle Now app and XinMSN for additional content such as videos of daily highlights, breaking news, athletes’ profiles and medal tallies. Games editorial will be featured in TV news, Radio and TODAY newspaper. “Catch-Up” videos will also be available on Toggle and XinMSN.
- Outdoor coverage in major shopping malls
MediaCorp’s outdoor advertising arm, OOH Media will screen the daily highlights on the digital screens in eight of the shopping malls, which include Bugis Street, Chinatown Point, ION Orchard, JCube, Junction 8, Orchard Gateway, The Star Vista and Westgate.
Bernard Lim, MD Television, MediaCorp said, “We are pleased to be the official broadcaster in Singapore of the much anticipated Commonwealth games, offering world-class sporting action free to our viewers in okto, and on Toggle for those on the move. Both MediaCorp and SingTel’s broadcast allows more for extensive coverage of the games on both free-to-air and Pay TV. It also demonstrates our continued commitment as Singapore’s national broadcaster to bring landmark sporting content to our audience here.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 44 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020