Fox Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television unites in new business unit
New York – 21st Century Fox announced on July 14 that Dana Walden and Gary Newman will oversee a new business unit within Fox Networks Group, Fox Television Group, which will combine Fox Broadcasting Company (FBC) and 20th Century Fox Television (TCFTV). The announcement was made by Peter Rice, Chairman of Fox Networks Group, to whom both Newman and Walden will now report. Their respective appointments are effective later in July.
In their new roles as Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group, Newman and Walden will be responsible for all facets of the FOX broadcast network, including programming, digital, marketing and other functions. The new roles also call for the duo to continue oversight of 20th Century Fox Television, which they have led for the past 15 years. 20th Century Fox Television is comprised of the parent studio, cable production arms Fox 21 and Fox Television Studios, the licensing division Fox Consumer Products and the syndication division Twentieth Television. While both companies will be housed within Fox Television Group, FBC and TCFTV will continue to operate as independent entities, but will share financial and creative goals, and be led jointly by Walden and Newman.
Fox Television Group will operate as a division of Fox Networks Group, which also oversees 21st Century Fox’s domestic entertainment, sports and non-fiction channels, as well as Fox International Channels’ collection of more than 300 channels worldwide.
“As we look to the future of the broadcast television business, it is clear that the best path forward is to operate our creative and broadcast divisions under the leadership of a single team, and that Gary and Dana are the perfect executives to take on this new role,” said Chase Carey, President and COO of 21st Century Fox. “While TCFTV and FBC will each continue as an open supplier and an open network, respectively, the closer alignment of these two properties, coupled with a unified vision from Dana and Gary, gives us a clear advantage in creating even more hit content that will benefit both businesses. We are incredibly fortunate to have two such accomplished leaders already under our roof to take on these important new roles.”
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 676 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 405 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 82 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 80 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020