Christina Miller named President and GM for three Turner networks
Atlanta – Christina Miller has been named President and General Manager for the Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. networks Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang, as well as their digital brand extensions, including Cartoon Network.com and Adult Swim.com. The announcement was made by David Levy, President of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., to whom Miller reports.
Miller will be responsible for leading the business in North America and working closely with Turner International to establish short and long-term priorities, as well as an overall worldwide strategic plan that will more closely align the Kids business. This role gives Miller global oversight of linear and non-linear content, the consumer products group and franchise management. She will lead a team of business and creative executives that includes Rob Sorcher, chief content officer, Cartoon Network and Mike Lazzo, executive vice president/creative director, Adult Swim.
“As we continue to expand and look for growth opportunities in the kids and young adults business, it is imperative that we strategically leverage the brand equity that Cartoon Network has worldwide and continue to build on the tremendous success of Adult Swim,” said Levy. “Christina is a well-respected executive who has had great success growing the NBA Digital business for us and also brings a wealth of experience in leading global brands and franchises in the kids business. She is a strategic thinker with a reputation for being a collaborator and achieving great results; and I am thrilled to have her at the helm of the next evolution of this business.”
“I am very excited to return in this new role to the business that I initially joined Turner for, and look forward to working with Rob, Mike and the great teams at Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang,” said Miller. “These are beloved brands with a passionate following and there’s a tremendous opportunity to continue to grow them domestically and, with guidance from David and Turner International President Gerhard Zeiler, a new focus on alignment and partnership to leverage the global potential of Cartoon Network and Boomerang.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020