2014 marks ABU Children’s Drama Co-production Series’ 10th anniversary
Tokyo – The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) is an association of broadcasters in the Asia-Pacific region. Every year, it conducts an international co-production project called ABU Children’s Drama Co-production Series. In this project, participants from the members of the ABU each produce a 15-minute drama episode starring children between the ages of seven to nine. Dramas are exchanged between participants and are broadcast on each of their channels. So far, 90 works in 18 different countries and regions have been made and broadcast.
The dramas offer children across Asia a glimpse inside the lives of their own generation in neighbouring countries. This project also serves as a training programme for young people in the field of broadcasting. Producers from NHK’s drama programmes division provide guidance on all aspects from story proposal, script writing, filming, editing, to post-production. NHK’s technical staffs also visit production sites as instructors. In regions preparing for digitised TV production, they teach various skills and know-how like the operation of High-Vision cameras. Year 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of this project. Participating broadcasters are from 10 countries, such as South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka, and all works will be aired in each country this summer.
ABU Asia Children’s Drama Series 2014
Broadcasting Schedule on NHK: NHK Educational TV (Terrestrial Channel in Japan)
July 28 – August 1, 9am – 9.35am JST (35 minutes)
Two dramas from two different countries will be aired in one 35-minute show (dubbed in Japanese), along with commentaries on cultural and social backgrounds.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020