Ten Sports to broadcast UEFA football competitions till 2018
Mumbai – Ten Sports has bagged the rights for the most sought after and premium football competitions, the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League for the next cycle of three seasons starting 2015-16. Ten Sports, who are also the incumbent broadcast rights holders for the properties have been broadcasting these premier football competitions since 2006-07. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League rights had become the most key football property up for acquisition and Ten Sports Network re-affirms its commitment to promoting quality football through this major acquisition after beating other rival broadcasters to secure these rights.
The new deal between UEFA and Ten Sports beginning from the 2015-16 season covers exclusive broadcast rights for the Indian Subcontinent which includes India, Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Afghanistan. Ten Sports will broadcast these properties across all its platforms including premium HD offerings and live streaming of matches on tensports.com. Ten Sports will broadcast 145 matches of UEFA Champions League and 205 matches of UEFA Europa League every season. Apart from these matches, Ten Sports will also broadcast the annual UEFA Super Cup, the curtain raiser at the beginning of the European Season played between the winners of the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League.
Rajesh Sethi, CEO, Ten Sports, says “We are delighted to extend our partnership with UEFA and have the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League on the Ten Sports Network. Over the last decade, the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League have found a home in the Indian Subcontinent at Ten Sports. We thank UEFA and team for all their support and hope to continue and build on the strong and mutually beneficial relationship we have with them. Over the next four seasons we will continue to build on the quality programming we offer around these marquee properties and strive to innovate to increase viewership and audience interest and engagement around these properties.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020