STAR India completes sale of stake in STAR CJ to Providence Equity
Star HS, an affiliate of STAR India, has completed the sale of its 50 percent stake in STAR CJ Network India, the home shopping joint venture with Korea’s CJ O Shopping Co.
P5 Asia Holding Investments (Mauritius), a group company of Providence Equity Partners, has acquired STAR’s 50 per cent stake in the venture.
Uday Shankar, CEO, STAR India said, “STAR CJ provides world class home shopping experiences to consumers in India and has been a valuable investment for us. We and CJ have enjoyed an excellent working relationship and we expect this to continue unaffected by the sale.”
Biswajit Subramanian, Managing Director, Providence Equity Advisors India added here, “Providence is excited about partnering with CJ O Shopping, a global leader in TV home shopping. The significant TV home shopping market opportunity in India, STAR CJ’s strong management team and CJ’s deep domain expertise, all make this a compelling opportunity for us. Providence looks forward to working with the STAR CJ team and adding lasting value to the company in the years ahead.”
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 74 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 54 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020