Presto, an Australian entertainment streaming service, signalled its move into Australian living rooms with upcoming availability on Google Chromecast on May 28. The news follows Google’s announcement that Chromecast goes on sale in Australia on May 28 and sets in motion Presto’s foray onto household TV screens.
Presto’s announcement is accompanied by news that the entertainment service will be broadening its availability across selected Android tablets offering even greater access to Presto’s premium ‘all-you-can-eat’ movies service. Presto will arrive on Google Chromecast and selected Android tablets starting in July. The service features content from Foxtel Movies channels, boasting a regularly updating collection of great films, ad-break free, for AU$19.99 per month.
Shaun James, Director Presto & VOD, said, “We’ve had a great response from customers since we launched Presto. Our customers are really enjoying the unparalleled access to the quality and recency of movie titles available within a Presto subscription. There simply isn’t any other Australian movie service offering the quality of movies all included for one low monthly subscription price. Today that offer is even more compelling as we announce plans to bring Presto to the big screen in our customers’ living rooms via Google Chromecast. What’s more, we’re also making the move to Android devices to continue our push to make Presto accessible to as many people as possible.”
The current Presto movie line-up includes blockbuster favourites The Great Gatsby, Fast & Furious 6, Monsters University, World War Z and Elysium. All of these titles and more are available with a Presto subscription. Additional hits coming in June and July include Grown Ups 2, The Hangover Part 3, Man of Steel and The Croods along with an impressive selection of others and a great collection of past favourites.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020