Youku Tudou partners with smart TV and OTT manufacturers
Beijing – Youku Tudou Inc., China’s leading Internet television company, announced on April 24 that it has inked strategic partnerships with most of China’s smart TV and OTT manufacturers, eight of which are an exclusive integration of the pre-installed Youku Tudou App.
In April, Youku announced four new partnerships with OTT companies. All four partnerships include the exclusively pre-installed Youku Tudou TV app. Partners include: Huawei Technologies, China’s set-top box provider to the telecom operator market that is projected to distribute 1.5 million set-top boxes this year; ZTE 9 Network Technology’s Fun Box, China’s first Android-based games box; and Goldweb Technologies and Jiuzhou Electronic Technology, which, with projected sales of 800,000 boxes this year, are China’s leading OTT makers.
The four additional partnerships bring Youku Tudou into strategic alliances with all top 10 major OTT manufacturers, including Coship Electronics. Youku Tudou is also in partnership with China’s top six smart TV players, with Changhong, Haier and Konka all choosing to exclusively pre-install Youku Tudou App. Youku Tudou’s applications are available on smart TV and OTT hardware created by dozens of smaller smart TV companies and OTT manufacturers.
Youku began implementing its smart TV and OTT strategy in the 2nd half of 2013. Youku has obtained its position as a market leader by adopting an open partnership model, and working closely with partners to develop Youku Tudou TV App in order to maximise user experience. Different from standard TV apps, Youku Tudou App is a highly customised application that can be embedded in multiple smart TV and OTT devices. Youku Tudou App comes pre-installed on smart TV and OTT hardware.
Youku Tudou TV App includes a media player, customised channels, social features and search capabilities among other features. All OTT users will be able to access more than 7,000 titles of licensed TV dramas, films and other programming as well as hundreds of in-house productions created by Youku.com and Tudou.com, as well as over 100 million user generated content.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 28 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- ABP Network achieves threefold growth in digital 24 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020