MIPTV: FOX and Keshet DCP brings “Boom!” to the U.S.
Cannes – Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) has picked up Keshet DCP’s explosive game show format Boom!, marking Keshet DCP’s second project sold to series.
Boom! fuses the drama, intensity and thrill of a blockbuster action movie with the high-octane fun of a video game. Full of comedy, colour and excitement, Boom!’s fresh approach rolls the intellectual and physical challenges of existing game shows into one can’t-miss event for viewers of all ages. A squad of four players must defuse eight (replica) “bombs” by answering trivia questions correctly within a strict time limit. In nail-biting scenes, the nominated player must defuse one “bomb” per question by cutting through coloured wires representing multiple choice answers…while the ticking clock counts down. If the player answers correctly, the prize money builds and he/she moves to the next “bomb”. Boom! delivers fierce tension and light-hearted humour in quick succession, extending the experience not only to those in the studio, but also to viewers at home who can play along.
“Boom! is a perfect blend of family entertainment and FOX attitude. Never has a ticking clock been so ingeniously placed at the centre of a game, and never has a game more inventively borrowed from the language of a thriller,” said Simon Andreae, Executive Vice President, Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “It’s as if Jack Bauer made brain love with Jeff Foxworthy.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 40 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020