MIPTV: FOX and Keshet DCP brings “Boom!” to the U.S.
Cannes – Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) has picked up Keshet DCP’s explosive game show format Boom!, marking Keshet DCP’s second project sold to series.
Boom! fuses the drama, intensity and thrill of a blockbuster action movie with the high-octane fun of a video game. Full of comedy, colour and excitement, Boom!’s fresh approach rolls the intellectual and physical challenges of existing game shows into one can’t-miss event for viewers of all ages. A squad of four players must defuse eight (replica) “bombs” by answering trivia questions correctly within a strict time limit. In nail-biting scenes, the nominated player must defuse one “bomb” per question by cutting through coloured wires representing multiple choice answers…while the ticking clock counts down. If the player answers correctly, the prize money builds and he/she moves to the next “bomb”. Boom! delivers fierce tension and light-hearted humour in quick succession, extending the experience not only to those in the studio, but also to viewers at home who can play along.
“Boom! is a perfect blend of family entertainment and FOX attitude. Never has a ticking clock been so ingeniously placed at the centre of a game, and never has a game more inventively borrowed from the language of a thriller,” said Simon Andreae, Executive Vice President, Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “It’s as if Jack Bauer made brain love with Jeff Foxworthy.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 265 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021