Lifetime to be launched in Latin America and Brazil
New York and Miami – A+E Networks Latin America, a joint venture between A+E Networks and Ole Communications, and Sony Pictures Television announced on April 23 that they will launch Lifetime in Latin America and Brazil. The channel will debut in July 2014. The announcement was made by Eduardo (Eddy) Ruiz, President and General Manager of A+E Networks Latin America, who will serve as General Manager for the new channel.
“I couldn’t be prouder of heading up this new joint venture between A+E Networks Latin America and Sony Pictures Television,” said Ruiz. “Lifetime is one of U.S. cable’s most iconic brands, and our expectations are that the brand will perform well in Latin America.”
Lifetime will feature a three-part content strategy of scripted drama series, non-fiction series and award-winning original movies. Scripted drama series include the premiere of Witches of East End, starring Julia Ormond, Mädchen Amick, Jenna Dewan Tatum and Rachel Boston, and the new seasons of Devious Maids produced by Eva Longoria, starring Roselyn Sanchez, Ana Ortiz and Susan Lucci and Drop Dead Diva starring Brooke Elliott. Unscripted series include the hit Dance Moms, Bring It! and Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, Kim of Queens and the new season of Preachers’ Daughters.
The channel will boast a wealth of A-list talent both in front of and behind the camera. Hit U.S. shows already confirmed as part of the channel’s programming also includes exclusive territory premieres in basic cable of Lifetime original movies: Steel Magnolias, starring Queen Latifah; Liz & Dick, starring Lindsay Lohan; Drew Peterson: Untouchable, starring Rob Lowe; Talhotblond, directed by Courtney Cox; and Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, from executive producer Jennifer Aniston.
“We are thrilled to partner with Sony Pictures Television for the launch of Lifetime in Latin America and Brazil,” said Sean Cohan, Executive Vice President, International, A+E Networks. “Lifetime and its content have an extremely loyal fan-base around the globe, and we are confident that it will develop an equally loyal audience in the Latin American region.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020