Tel Aviv – AOL has commissioned its first long-form video series, Connected, for inclusion in the AOL On Network, AOL’s premium video platform. Connected, which captures the authentic voices of five individuals as they put their lives on camera, has seen tremendous success in international markets and will now be adapted for U.S. audiences by AOL. The show, created by Ram Landes and distributed by Armoza Formats, will debut later this year as part of the slate of new original series unveiled at AOL’s Digital Content NewFronts on April 29 in Brooklyn.
Connected joins a successful slate of fifteen original series that launched in 2013 and have collectively amassed nearly 150 million views to date. The show chronicles the lives of five seemingly disconnected New Yorkers as they explore the concept of family in New York City. As five parallel stories unfold and eventually come together in a cohesive storyline, viewers are reminded of the universal bond that family has on individuals and on society as a whole — regardless of social status, income, gender, marital status or sexual orientation.
“With Connected, we are capturing and elevating the type of authentic content that has already resonated so deeply with our viewers,” said Ran Harnevo, President of AOL Video. “At AOL, we are committed to producing premium, engaging video content — and as a result, we are very intentional with the show themes and production styles we select. Our original content offerings are constantly evolving and long-form was the natural next step.”
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 66 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 58 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 50 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 34 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020