Mumbai – HBO On Demand, a new service offered for free exclusively to subscribers of the HBO Premium Channels – HBO Hits HD and HBO Defined HD – has been launched on India’s DTH platform, Tata Sky on March 21. HBO Hits and HBO Defined are distributed by Turner International in India.
Based on the Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) model, HBO On Demand will give HBO Premium Subscribers access to a wide selection of HBO original content with the convenience to watch what they like, when they like. At launch, subscribers can catch all seasons of HBO shows such as Game of Thrones (Season 1-3), True Detective (Season 1) and Banshee (Season 1-2). Thereafter, additional content including HBO Original Series and Movies will be added on an ongoing monthly basis, allowing subscribers to view them at a time of their choice completely advertising free.
“HBO and Turner have always been ahead of the curve with innovations on content delivery that are designed to entertain consumers like never before. We have received a very enthusiastic response from the discerning subscribers of HBO Defined HD and HBO Hits HD and are very happy to now extend their premium advertising-free television viewing experience with the additional feature of ‘HBO On Demand’ on Tata Sky,” said Kishan Cheranda, Senior Director, Network and Content Distribution, Turner International India.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 79 views | posted on March 4, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 45 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 38 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020