Mumbai – HBO On Demand, a new service offered for free exclusively to subscribers of the HBO Premium Channels – HBO Hits HD and HBO Defined HD – has been launched on India’s DTH platform, Tata Sky on March 21. HBO Hits and HBO Defined are distributed by Turner International in India.
Based on the Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) model, HBO On Demand will give HBO Premium Subscribers access to a wide selection of HBO original content with the convenience to watch what they like, when they like. At launch, subscribers can catch all seasons of HBO shows such as Game of Thrones (Season 1-3), True Detective (Season 1) and Banshee (Season 1-2). Thereafter, additional content including HBO Original Series and Movies will be added on an ongoing monthly basis, allowing subscribers to view them at a time of their choice completely advertising free.
“HBO and Turner have always been ahead of the curve with innovations on content delivery that are designed to entertain consumers like never before. We have received a very enthusiastic response from the discerning subscribers of HBO Defined HD and HBO Hits HD and are very happy to now extend their premium advertising-free television viewing experience with the additional feature of ‘HBO On Demand’ on Tata Sky,” said Kishan Cheranda, Senior Director, Network and Content Distribution, Turner International India.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020