Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) has inked a deal to bring the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ to all television and mobile screens in Singapore. Customers who sign up for or extend their Gold Pack or mio Stadium+ contracts (on both pay TV platforms) for 24 months will enjoy the matches for free. All 64 matches will be available ‘live’ and on-demand on tablets and smartphones through the mio TV GO app.
SingTel mio TV is finalising a deal to share the World Cup with everyone through free-to-air coverage for key matches. These matches will also be available for free on mobile devices for the first time.
Allen Lew, Country Chief Officer, Singapore said, “The World Cup is the pinnacle of sports programming, and captures the hearts and minds of viewers across the globe. With the tournament still three months away, we are delighted to be able to give Singapore the certainty of being able to watch every match. Our complete coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ will bring fans unparalleled on-demand and interactive access, and will showcase the future of television, tablets and smartphones.”
Those who wish to enjoy the thrilling World Cup matches without committing to a contract can access all the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ matches on either pay TV platform at a one-time price of S$112.35 (after GST). All other customers who sign up for Gold or mio Stadium+ Packs (on 24-month contracts) from a date that will be announced soon will automatically receive the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ channels for free.
In response to SingTel’s announcement, pay-TV competitor StarHub released the following statement from Chief Marketing Officer Jeannie Ong:
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 103 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020