Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) has inked a deal to bring the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ to all television and mobile screens in Singapore. Customers who sign up for or extend their Gold Pack or mio Stadium+ contracts (on both pay TV platforms) for 24 months will enjoy the matches for free. All 64 matches will be available ‘live’ and on-demand on tablets and smartphones through the mio TV GO app.
SingTel mio TV is finalising a deal to share the World Cup with everyone through free-to-air coverage for key matches. These matches will also be available for free on mobile devices for the first time.
Allen Lew, Country Chief Officer, Singapore said, “The World Cup is the pinnacle of sports programming, and captures the hearts and minds of viewers across the globe. With the tournament still three months away, we are delighted to be able to give Singapore the certainty of being able to watch every match. Our complete coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ will bring fans unparalleled on-demand and interactive access, and will showcase the future of television, tablets and smartphones.”
Those who wish to enjoy the thrilling World Cup matches without committing to a contract can access all the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ matches on either pay TV platform at a one-time price of S$112.35 (after GST). All other customers who sign up for Gold or mio Stadium+ Packs (on 24-month contracts) from a date that will be announced soon will automatically receive the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ channels for free.
In response to SingTel’s announcement, pay-TV competitor StarHub released the following statement from Chief Marketing Officer Jeannie Ong:
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 490 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 102 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 80 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021