Singapore launches umbrella event for Asian film and TV content
Singapore – Come this December, trade visitors and members of the public can expect a bigger and better film and TV event in Singapore, called the Singapore Media Festival, as announced by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) on March 24.
The annual Singapore Media Festival is set to become one of Asia’s international media events. This year, it will run from December 4-14.
The Singapore Media Festival brings together four complementary film and TV events – a trade market for film and TV, conferences, awards and festival screenings under a single umbrella. For 2014, these will be held as follows:
1. Singapore International Film Festival, December 4-14
2. Asian Television Awards, December 11
3. Asia TV Forum & Market, December 9-12
4. ScreenSingapore, December 9-12
Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF), December 4-14:
Founded in 1987 and into its 25th edition this year, SGIFF has become an iconic event in Singapore that is widely attended by international film critics, academics, industry practitioners, and general consumers. It is recognised worldwide for its focus on Asian filmmakers and promotion of Southeast Asian films, and is a one-stop location for film programmers and producers to discover filmmaking talent and trends.
SGIFF adds a public component to the Singapore Media Festival, bringing over 70 titles of top-notch international films to be screened across Singapore. It will also have an awards component to recognise film talents in Singapore and Asia with the Silver Screen awards.
“The Singapore International Film Festival being the longest-running and largest film festival in Singapore has always captured the hearts of filmmakers, creative professionals and film enthusiasts here. The co-location of the TV and film market with our Festival offers a new dimension for us which we hope will translate to benefits for the Singapore film industry,” said Yuni Hadi, Executive Director of the SGIFF.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 86 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 59 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 54 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Quintus Studios inks more factual acquisitions for its VOD channels 37 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020