“Kevin McCloud’s Man Made Home” series begins to go global
Optomen International, the all3media-owned distribution arm of Optomen Television, has closed a package of deals for the second season of Channel 4’s eco-friendly building challenge Kevin McCloud’s Man Made Home Series 2 (4 x 60’) in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Norway, Caroline Stephenson, Optomen International’s director of sales announced.
ABC Australia has licensed the TV rights to the latest Man Made challenge, which sees McCloud transport his brilliantly eccentric cabin in the woods — the subject of the first series of the hit Channel 4 show — to an English beach. Over four episodes, McCloud and his trusty Man Friday Will Trickett battle the elements, source extraordinary building materials and experiment with off-grid energy sources in their quest to build the perfect beach hut from renewable resources.
In other sales Down Under, the Australian TV second-window rights to Man Made Home Series 2 have been acquired by Foxtel, while TV3 has taken the TV rights for New Zealand. In Europe, deals have been closed with Dazzler Media for the UK DVD rights and TV Norge for the TV rights.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020