Paris – Reed MIDEM, organisers of global kids programming conference MIPJunior, will host the first “Future of Kids TV Summit” during MIPTV 2014, bringing together in Cannes 80 creative strategists from the children’s entertainment sector to address key issues surrounding the digital disruption in creation and distribution.
The Summit will take place on April 8 in the Carlton Hotel in Cannes, as part of the ‘Junior at MIPTV‘ special focus on children’s and youth programming. The event is sponsored by Shaw Rocket Fund, a Canadian investment fund dedicated to youth-oriented production.
In the context of an ever more competitive kids‘ TV market facing changing viewing habits and new format trends, the Future of Kids’ TV Summit will bring together 80 creative strategists from the children’s entertainment sector, who will address the key issues facing the industry and attempt to map out its future direction. This high-level think-tank will feature influential visionaries who will share their experiences and insights in a series of fast-paced presentations. Participants will then be invited to brainstorm in small groups, guided by moderators.
The first confirmed Summit keynote speaker is Yoni Bloch, CEO and Co-Founder of Interlude, a digital media company that designs, develops, markets and enables the creation of interactive videos. The company has already built a rich history of interactive video storytelling and helped some of the world’s leading entertainment and corporate brands leverage interactive video, including Shell, MAC, Subaru, Disney Music Group, Intel and Sony Music Nashville. Interlude also collaborates with major music artists and created Bob Dylan’s internationally acclaimed interactive music video for “Like A Rolling Stone”.
Yoni Bloch, CEO & Co-Founder of digital media company Interlude
“I’m thrilled to be present at the Future of Kids’ TV Summit to discuss how content creators can create a digital playground for children,” said Bloch. “Interactive videos invite kids to continually engage and shape the story differently each time. I look forward to exploring new ways for the entertainment industry to help kids become active participants instead of passive viewers.”
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020